Indie Planet TV

Baltimore Hip Hop's Online Destination for Self-Made Entrepreneurs

Hip-Hop Hall of Fame: Big L: Yes or No - Discuss.

Is Big L on your ballot for the Hip-Hop Hall of Fame?

Lamont Coleman a.ka. Big L is the rapper's rapper. Rapid fire punchlines, braggadocious rhymes, and style to match.

Member of the legendary D.I.T.C. crew which includes Lord Finesse, Diamond D, Buckwild, Showbiz, A.G.

One of the early proponents of the Horror-core style of hip-hop.

Discography

Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous
The Big Picture

Many say if his life didn't end tragically, he would've gone on to make history.
Some say his lyrical ability was superior and heads and shoulders above the rest at the time.

What do you say????

Views: 424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Make sure you back up your thoughts with a reason. Many hip-hop fans ride for a particular artist because everyone else does.

Some categories to consider:

Big L's influence on other MC's during his time in the game

Big L's relevance during his peak period

Classic verses, lyrics, albums

Relevance today after his passing
I would definitly say yes but he never had the chance to blow like he would have.
He was Harlem before mase and camron. Thats definitly what comes to my mind
when I think bout Big L "HARLEM"...
Yes yes yes. some debate that if L was still alive there prolly would be no jay-z. well j would be there but maybe the shine wouldnt be the same. I also heard or either read somewhere that he was gonna sign with rocafella before his untimely death but i guess those were rumors. mumbo sauce you hit it on the head.
HELL YEAH. BIG-UPS AND PAY MAAAAD HOMAGE TO BIG L HARLEM'S GREAT MC ONE OF EM AT LEAST PEOPLE HE WOULD BE HERE KILLING IT RIGHT NOW AND IM FROM TEXAS AND I WAS ON BIG L.
We all agree that if he was here, he would be still killing the game - but based on his body of work does that make him Hall of Fame?
That's kinda hard to say....it's like what they used to say about Len Bias being greater than Jordan but he died too early....do you put him in the hall of fame?...The same goes for Biggie...I mean them cats were extra tight but they went out early and didn't get the chance to rise or fall... I wouldn't put him in

RSS

Support Indie Planet TV

Donate Now

© 2024   Created by Mumbo Sauce.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service